Line up mesh edge vertices in tiled terrain output with mesh reduction on?

Hi all, might be missing something here, but I’m trying to export a series of meshes from world machine using mesh reduction and I can’t get the edge vertices to line up once I do. If I turn on blending I get flat meshes, but without it they are useless 'cause of the huge edge gaps. Is there a better way to do this? Or, is it possible? I want to use splats/colormaps/normalmaps from World Machine or I’d just split the mesh up using extract in Maya, but I don’t know how to get that program to split a mesh with precision…

Any help would be appreciated.

Not exactly a solution, but if you bypass everything and connect the file input to the mesh reduction output and just use the world machine nodes for texturing everything lines up fine, it seems that it just doesn’t want to compute edge vertices on a tiled build with mesh reduction on.

Hi there,

Yes, if mesh reduction is turned on tiled builds are currently problematic. This is on my improvements list, but until then one thing you can do is build all your high-res maps in one go, then disable those devices and enable the mesh output and re-build without mesh reduction but at a smaller resolution. This should work but is obviously an annoying hoop to jump through

further followup :

I’m just testing and I cannot replicate any issues with mesh reduction and vertices in 2.3.3.