Locked out of my projects

Hi, I have 2.2 on C drive, and 2.3.3.1 on F.
I just uninstalled 2.3.3.1 and then installed 2.3.6.1. I installed on F again. Now when I try to open up my latest tmd WM crashes. This isn’t a dev build so that’s not the problem.
I then uninstalled and tried to reinstalll 2.6.6.1 on E drive instead. Again the same problem.

Now since uninstalling the F version my 2.2 won’t open the tmd because of missing devices…so I just loaded all the macros into the toolbar and tried loading the tmd form there. Again, missing devices. I have not used any devices other than the following: Basic coverage, Simple Layer, Blend Layer, and possibly Coloriser2. I loaded them all in and I’m still getting the same error. After loading all of those devices to the toolbar, and restarting WM, they all disappear. I tried loading an older project and I’m getting a runtime error with that one.
I need to get multi res support, but I’m now locked out of everything. What would you recommend?

//EDIT
I managed to get into one of my older projects with 2.3.6.1 after I either added the macros in 2.2 or reisntalled to F drive. I’m honestly not sure.
I posted about this in my last post in the multi res support thread but decided to delete what I’d said because I (effectively) solved the problem by reloading the source files again int other devices, but I didn’t really get to the bottom of the problem it seems as WM is doing the same thing again. THe problem is that WM cannot find any of the tiled input source files. The stream specifiers are blank in the input devices. I don’t set use relative paths when I load files. All non-tiled sources are fine. That was the problem with 2.3.3.1,. It’s the same with 2.3.6.1.
I don’t know what the difference between this older project that loads and the ones that crash WM are. The only difference I can think of is the new project had the tiled files relocated and loaded. It’s a bit of a mess this…and it’s why I stay with older builds, because I seem to get this problem quite a lot. It’s probably in part due to me not fully understanding the installation process. I’d love to use the dev build (and help with development) but installing two versions always seems to create problems.

//So I’m down to using 2.3.6.1 on C only, and thankfully I’ve manged to get the projects back on track. You might want to look into the tiled inputs though Stephen. The other problems…well, the crashes I think were possibly created by my F drive which is an SSD drive. It seems to be a bit unstable when it’s required to do anything major. It’s funny how WM crashed when running from that, but only failed to load devices from C. Even though tmd and file paths were identical.

monks

Hi monks,

That sounds incredibly frustrating. I’m out of town for the next two days but I will dig into this upon my return. In the interim, if you have an example of a world that is giving you trouble can you send it to me at support@world-machine.com for analysis?

Cheers