Lofting Curves - New to WM and need help

Hi folks,

I’ve relatively new to WM. I’m trying to create mountain ranges using lines and lofting curves, accentuating the peaks and troughs between each peak using lofting curves.

Below is a link to a couple of screenshots of what I have so far. http://imgur.com/a/8UTJF#0

• The first image is the problem I’m having. The ridge is reasonably static and level. No matter what I try to do,or how far down I drop the point peaks, I end up with a flat ridge.
  • The second image shows what I’m trying to achieve. How I got that line to work … I have NO IDEA; when I look at the properties of both sets of lines (the working and not working), they are almost identical. One lofts and the other doesn’t.

Can anyone give me a hand here?

Hi there,

If I’m understanding your issue OK, I think the problem is that when the falloff distance of the curve is set higher than the distance between control points, the elevation at the control point may be different than what you specified due to the elevation of the near neighbors “spilling over”. You can fix this by reducing the falloff distance or increasing the distance between control points.

Ah. Thanks.