Mesh doesn't get generated (at least the first time)

Untill you force writing it by clicking write file, even if you checked output on every build. This is only for the mesh output (the height & bitmap exports work just fine)

noted… I will put it on the fix list!

Any chance you could do some mesh optimisation too as an option? Nothing massive but maybe a way to pass in a mask with areas of importance where you get 1/2 or 2X the number of quads per area depending on a texture? (so i can pass some processed post erosion texture and say “keep a lot of erosion detail, remove a lot of flat land poly”.

It’s not a huge deal but optimising the current meshes takes a long time (getting 100M poly meshes & passing those to meshlab).

fixed this issue for the next version.

I would love to add some better poly optimization, it is on the feature backlog, but it is not a top priority at the moment as there are lots of good alternatives available.

Can you recommand some alternatives? I was using meshlab but the results weren’t so good, then i went with polygon cruncher which is giving me very good results, but their batch job is single threaded, would love some more ideas if you can think of any others i should try (must conserve UV)