Mountains and valleys

Hi there!

I am making mountains at the moment and there is still a lot of work left to do, but i thought sharing some progress would be a nice way to finish the weekend.
Textures are just placeholder and will need to fix quite a few things. Overall i am satisfied with the result so far. :slight_smile:
Improvements will come soon.

HI! Yes that is nice build . Scale looks massive and still I see lots of detail.WTG. It looks like it is base on sharp edges (Voronoi). I got inspired and will try one build and see if I can use this…

Is it based on real world data?

Very interesting terrain :slight_smile:
Looking forward to see your progress.

Thank you all! :slight_smile:

Its not based on real world data. The base is Voronoi indeed, F2 Style. The render extension is 50 km. I made some things outside of this extension (mostly on the west side of it) just for fun , but i think i will keep the extension around 50 km.

Looks like a very nice coastline. How did you do it ?

I set the World height to 5126 m and the Sea level to 400 m. First there is a constant 0. Than with a layout generator the basic shape for the land is drawn (400 m). Copied that with full height to use it as mask for the Voronoi which is added on the land. With layout lines carved out some part of the land as you can see on the West side. No coastal erosion device applied to this yet. I am not at my computer so the numbers might be incorrect but basically thats how i started it. :slight_smile:

Hi Arokh, Would you be willing to share how you got these realistic looking hills? I’m really interested in the erosion. I’m guessing there’s a thermal erosion before a standard erosion. Let us know. Thanks!