My Macro...

Hi!

I have created a macro which I would like to share here. Well, it’s nothing special and came out of “playing” around, hehe. g But maybe someone can use it?

Download: Freeky Modulator

If you wonder about the name… that’s what I was thinking when I have used the macro as a terrace modulator. :wink:

Your last parameter “Displacement handled” is either 0 or 1… It could be a checkbox instead of that slider…

I agree with naming it “freaky” :slight_smile:
Right now, i can’t comment much about this macro, because I don’t know what it is yet :D… But while playing with parameters, I did manage some cool “longbeaches” and penninsulas (shape style=3, 2/4 and 3/4 close toggether in the middle of the slider). I also got an interesting coastline shape… But my problem right now is understanding how each parameter affect the final result… I had to open the macro world for that, but I am still investigating :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Thanks for trying it out! :smiley:

Well, I’m actually not sure how to describe it, because, like I said, it came out while playing around. :wink: The Shapes 1/4 to 4/4 are just combined gradients displaced with the input (heightfield). I was wondering how this simple combination could do such interesting forms.

Hm… maybe I should replace the slider with a checkbox like you said. But the Displacement device wanted an Integer instead of boolean, therefore I used a slider.

EDIT:
Hm… using a checkbox instead of the slider has no effect at all. Only the silder works.

Displacement device wanted an Integer instead of boolean (...) Hm... using a checkbox instead of the slider has no effect at all. Only the silder works.
Oh, right.. it's because it is defined as an enumeration.. And the enumeration is based on the integer format.. It is a bit troublesome to define the enumeration, but replacing some sliders (the style parameters), on the other hand, may improve understanding of what they do :? or not :roll: ..

I have already come up with a cool terrain shape from this. I think the macro controls are a bit vague and confusing. You might be able to name and configure them better. The purpose of it is also unclear. But that doesn’t matter too much if it’s easy to get cool results out of it, which it is! One of the great things about WM is that you can just open up the macro and start tweaking dials and see in realtime what it’s doing. So even if a setting is not obvious, you can usually extrapolate what it does from its affect.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

• Oshyan

Thanks for the critiques. :slight_smile: I think I will rename the controls tomorrow.

Oh, and I’m glad you like it. :smiley: