My macros...

…on Terraland.de
check it out for updates from time to time :wink:
SimonSawSunlight :smiley:

Hello Simon,
great work and thanks for sharing. Looks like that the rightmost thumb at ‘CrazyPerlin’ has a wrong link :wink:
Regards, Volker Harun

:shock: ouh, yes, thank you. gonna send a message to the admin.

Some very nice utility macros there. Distorted perlin noise is a really cool landscape.

Yes, very nice macros. I’ve just uploaded a picture at Renderosity were I’ve used your Mountain macro.

By the way: I’ve first used that macro at a world size 257x257 and the world was build very fast. Then I’ve saw my mistake and set the size to 2049x2049. Now the build process tooks very long.

So I would prefer that the macro description should have some more information and maybe a little hint that the build process could take a bit longer.

I’ve also tried to combine your Mountain Macro and your Crazy Perlin Macro in one world. But that was to much. The memory usage reaches 1800 MB and World Machine crashes.
Okay, I’ve also include some other devices like erosion and terrace so maybe this was the reason.

But it would be nice if the macro description contains a hint that the macro uses much memory.

I think all other macro developers could kept this in their mind, too.
Greets from Germany

X-PaX

ich antworte jetzt einfach mal auf deutsch :wink:
das mit der rechenzeit und evtl. abstürzen bei großen terrains und mehreren komplexen macros ist weit verbreitet und kann bei jedem größeren macro vorkommen, da worldmachine ab einer bestimmten größe an zwischenspeicher nicht mehr mitmacht (einige macros kann ich mit meinem rechner nicht einmal einzeln verwenden, wenn die terraingröße auf 4096² gestellt ist). versuche einmal die terrains, mit denen du arbeitest zwischen den einzelnen bearbeitungsschritten abzuspeichern, wenn der speicher zu sehr belastet wird, dann starte wm neu, damit sich der speicher wieder leert und importiere das gespeicherte terrain wieder. das ist ein wenig umständlich, aber so kann man wenigstens meistens auch größere terrains beliebig und weiterführender bearbeiten.*

• Try to save the terrain you’re working on from time to time and then restart wm and import the saved terrain to avoid crashes and so on, which are often caused by memory strain due to big terrain sizes.

greetings

Okay, auf deutsch schreibt es sich ein wenig leichter :wink:

Ich habe mir jetzt dadurch geholfen das ich jetzt immer nur ein Macro pro Welt nehme und diese dann von WorldMachine berechnen lasse.
Das ganze wird dann als Terragenfile abgespeichert.

Dann lege ich ein neues Projekt an und benutze einen ‘File Input’ der dann das Terragenfile beinhaltet. So habe ich dann mehrere File Inputs die dann miteinander kombiniert werden.

• To avoid high memory usage you should use only one macro for your terrain. Let WorldMachine build the world and save the file as Terragenterrain. You can then start a new World Machine project and use File Inputs. You can combine the File Inputs then and build a new world. The build process should be very fast.