Need a little help here

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to put some sand dunes from macro but those dunes macro only have a band of dune that is difficult to orient in a specific spot on the terrain and they dont have any mask input so anyone can shed some light on how to use these on specific spot of the terrain?

Regards Peter

If you can go inside the macro, you could add another input and connect it to were you want your layout to be connected to
Im asuming thats what you want to use

Or maybe ad a coordinate parameter to it…if you can go inside the macro if npt indont know
Hope its at least something

Hi Eclipse,

I found a way using a chooser device but i tried to add a mask into the macro but there doesn’t seem to be a mask input i can plug in in the macro editing.

Anyway i think i will do this work in Mudbox since those kind of detail are to tedious to make in WM.

My mistake is that i try to much to do everything in WM instead of punching the detail the easy way with sculpting software.

Regards Peter

You can simply add an additional input port to the macro, call it the “Mask Input”, then use that to control the chooser.

Internally, WM is doing something very similar with the mask input on normal devices; with macros, you have to add the port yourself unfortunately.

Hi Stephen,

Thank for the tip and i finally did it with a chooser and layout generator but i wont use those sand dunes macro since they are really hard to setup correctly and lack control.

Regards Peter