Newbie - couple of questions

I just got WM and want to use it to generate terrains for Terragen. I have a couple of questions.

1. When I export a WM terrain as a RAW file and import it into Terragen, it comes out distorted in Terragen. Any heightmap that you create to import into Terragen has to be 257 x 257 pixels. In WM you can only make the size 128, 256, 512, etc. What to do about this?

2. I read the first part of the Quick-Start guide while learning to use WM. I noticed that when I hit the Transform button, the blue box did not show up in the workview. Transform didn’t seem to make any changes to the terrain. Am I doing something wrong here?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :slight_smile:

kl

In regards to question #1, just export as a .TER file, and problem solved. :slight_smile: WM will automatically adjust the terrain to terragen specs.

For #2, you must click the transform button, then click in a blank area in the workview, that will drop the box. then wire the generator to the blue box, double click on the box, and then have fun playing with the settings.

Yeah, I’m retarded…how DOES one export a file as a .TER, hmm?

Double click file output. select .ter when the window opens, click set, name the file, click write to disk, done.
p.s.
build the world first!