No world.ini file or \Examples folder in World Machine 2 Basic

Hello, All.

First of all, Kudos to Stephen for his excellent application. I have enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to using version 2.

I’ve installed the application on my MS Vista, 32 bit machine. When looking in the \Program Files\World Machine 2 Basic folder, there is no world.ini fle nor is there an \Examples folder.

I’ve searched the forum and have read the posts concerning missing world.ini files. I’ve lookin in all the places listed (that I could on my 32 bit system) but have not found any of the files or folders listed.

I’m going to try and install the application on my home computer (MS Vista, 64 bit) this weekend and will post my results.

Would someone be able to help me with this problem?

Thanks, in advance.

[EDIT]
[I forgot to mention that I also tried installing the application in a folder other than \Program Files and got the same results – no world.ini file or \Examples folder. [b][END EDIT][/b]]

Regards,

Vandy

Hi, All.

Wanted to let you know I successfully installed World Machine Basic 2.1 on my MS Vista 64 bit machine at home.

I would still like to know how to get it properly installed on my work MS Vista 32 bit machine.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vandy

Have you looked into your Documents folder? And maybe into Appdata etc?

Hello, Nikita.

Yes, I’ve looked in my \Documents folder as well as \AppData\Local \LocalLow and \Roaming. The world.ini file is not there nor can I find the \Examples folder. As I mentioned, I did search the forums for references to world.ini and have looked in the places suggested in the threads I found.

Again, I was successful in installing the application on my MS Viista 64 bit machine at home and all the files and folders were installed in the right places and the application found them without problems.

Thanks, Nikita, for your help and I do look for further answers.

Regards,

Vandy

Hm… That’s odd.
Two things you could still try:

1. Look into the paths shown in Preferences > Paths
  2. As a last resort, use windows’ search to search the whole drive for the file/folder.

Hello, Nikita.

I’ve been able to resolve my problem, however; the resolution means I won’t be able to use it on my work computer. Here is what I’ve found:

Because of policy, no applications can be installed on a work computer unless you have administrator crdentials. I do have an admin account and installed the application. Because it was installed administratively, the \World Machine Documents and \World Machine 2 Baic\ folders were installed under my admin profile. Since my regular user account cannot access my admin account, it was unable to find the world.ini file and closed the application.

I logged on with my admin account and copied the \World Machine Documents and \World Machine 2 Basic\ folders into my regular user profile as well as changed the paths under preferences to point to the new locations. When I logged in with my regular user account and launched World Machine, I got an exception error in the application and it closed down.l

It would appear the only way I can run the application is by being logged on using my admin accoun or, run the application as administrator. Unfortunately, I cannot keep the application installed normally as the machine is subject to random scans to determine what software is installed.

I guess I’ll just have to use the application on my home computer…

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vandy

Hi Vandy,

WM 2.2 Basic is being released as we speak and fixes the Win7/Vista installation issues that affected earlier versions.

Check the website in a couple hours for the download update!