Nominal heights VS raw heightmaps scaling

Ok, I’m really new to WM2, but I’ve been fiddling quite a bit with it, these days. I’ve also watched some tutorials, very helpful. But then I’ve eventually stumbled over a problem…

It’s a bit complicated, but long story short, I’m trying to make a heightmap for a game. My problem is that the game has a strange unit conversion method that really confuses me. Anyway I’ve eventually figured it out and now I’m trying to apply the method to MW.

The fact is: the game has water lvl at 58 meters. Which is perfect. It actually multiplies this height by 2, but it’s ok, it’s still nominally 58 meters and it has correspondence when I set it so in MW.

Now: I want to set some isles with elevations not taller than ~80 meters. If I just set the various chain elements to produce isles as specified, the .r16 heightmap will still give me very bright areas at the top of the tallest hills…
This will eventually give me some small Everest mounts right in the middle of each island. Pretty annoying.

It seemed that nothing could actually rescale the raw heightmap colors to something less bright, not halving the nominal heights of the hills nor scaling down the top world height. I’ve even tried to build a square isle as tall as the top height to give MW something as a reference for the 255 white.

Then I went for layouts to build some sort of “workbench” and it somehow worked, just by setting a top height for the layout itself and then scaling the hills consequently. But the heightmap scale is not yet predictable, any hint or tip?

To make it clearer: why, if I set the water at 58 and the hills at ~120 (58+~60), when I produce the raw heightmap I get bright white areas at the tallest peaks? What should I do to ensure the relief above the water wont go crazy in the heightmap?

EDIT: ok, in the time I’ve been waiting for this thread to be approved, I’ve kinda solved my problem, so I’ll add a new one to this same thread.
Let’s say I want to add more layers generators and other “areas” in the same machine, but keeping them separate. I’m still making that game world heightmap and I’d like to set different landscapes, but it seems I cant set two or more chains to co-exist in the same height output without “mixing” them up in some way.