Non-representative preview?

I’ve been fighting this a bit the last day or so. I’m not sure if this is an issue with the splat converter or what. In one screenshot you can see that the blue is nearly not present in the actual build but appears to dominate in the preview, and the other is the opposite. I haven’t really spent much time diagnosing this, I thought I’d just ask if anyone has seen it before. At this point I’m pretty much forced to build and look at the high-res view each time to dial this in.

I don’t think the issue is in the splat converter; instead most likely the map being fed to it is likely varying dramatically at different resolutions (it looks like an erosion mask output, right?)

The main problem is just that the mask values are shifting up or down dramatically depending on how much erosion was done. There are several good ways to deal with this – the easiest is to place an Equalizer in the wire for that mask, which will make things much more stable, though if you’re using a tiled build remember to capture a sample or else that will introduce its own problems.

Note: There is an example file demonstrating this technique, in your “Examples\New Examples for WM2.3\Techniques” folder:

“Using Equalizers to make Erosion flow outputs consistent.tmd”