Option for left-mouse to default to box-select instead of pan

Hi, congratulations on the release of Mailbox Peak! Its great! One small request:

The default left-mouse drag action is now panning instead of box-select. I actually much preferred the old behavior of the default left mouse drag action being box select, as right-click dragging already covers panning. This old behavior relieves basic selection and panning from requiring keyboard buttons. It seems trivial to include a checkbox option to switch between the two behaviors.

Thanks!

Matt Nava

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much! It was super exciting to get the Mailbox Peak release out. Thanks for the feedback - people were asking for it the other way (that it changed to), but you’re absolutely right, it makes you dependent on using a keyboard now. On a laptop, using the right-click option is a huge pain, but on a desktop, having to use the computer keyboard is probably equally annoying. I like the idea of a checkbox you can toggle (that might even help if you’re switching to work on World Machine between a desktop and a laptop). I agree it doesn’t sound like it should be too hard to implement, but you never know how these things might go. :slight_smile: I’ll definitely look into it - enjoy using Mailbox Peak!

Hi,

Thank you so much for the response and for understanding my perspective/use case! I really appreciate it. I hope it does turn out to be a trivial feature :slight_smile:

Matt Nava

Good news! Go to preferences and user interface in the latest dev release (just released yesterday!) and you will now have the option to select how you want that left-mouse click to operate. Hope that helps, enjoy the new release!

• Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :slight_smile:

Oh my god thank you so much! This is wonderful. This really made my day! And thank you sooo much for the maya style camera control in the viewport. Awesome update :smiley:

Awesome!! So glad that’s helpful - and the Maya-style camera control has been awesome to use internally here at WM, too! I get why people were requesting it. :smiley: