problem at startup! SOLVED!

hi, i bought the standard edition some days ago .I ve used it a bit without problems. but today i would open it but it crash after some seconds…! before i had the basic edition but i uninstalled it. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall WMstandard edition but nothing changes! What could be? how can i solve this? I have installed it on a Windows Vista machine. Before with the Basic ed. i hadn’t this problem. I remember that ask me to oreplae some files in documents folder but now i forgot what i’ve done exactly.
Please help me , I love this software!

Walter

Hi Walter,

Try deleting the file world.ini in your “\AppData\Roaming\World Machine 2.2 Standard” folder. The AppData folder is hidden by default in windows so you may have to turn on view hidden files or just type the name in while viewing your User folder.

In some situations the ini file seems to become corrupted; I am still trying to track down the source of this issue but the above will most likely get you going again!

Hi Stephen,
deleting the world.ini file solves the problem. Because this problem i try to install WM on Ubuntu 11.04 with wine on the same machine. (I have a double partition Windows Vista and Ubuntu 11.04). I haven’t worked a lot with it in Ubuntu, but the installation process went without problems and also seems it works good in Ubuntu and maybe better that with Windows Vista! Anyway, regarding the license, not sure if i can use on the same machine two WMachine but i think i will go to delete one of the two to preserve space on my hard disk.
We will see next time , i have other question to submit to the forum.

many thanks for the help!

Walter