problem loading file in developer eddition

I have a file that I’ve been working on in the standard edition and when i try to get it into the developer edition i get this error below

World Machine

This world file cannot be fully loaded (perhaps due to not having installed one or more plugins used to create it). Some devices may be missing.

OK

I have gone through my entire list of devices and I have not used anything exotic that i cannot place manually into the developer edition. Is there some way that I can find out which specific thing is causing the problem? or perhaps loading up the new file and any device which is broken just showing up as black or something? This error really isn’t helping me fix the problem.

Do you have any solutions?

Hi there,

This shouldn’t happen in general; the only case I could imagine is the very newest release build and the oldest dev build. Double check that you’re running the latest dev build in this case.

If you’re still having problems, I’d like to ID the issue; if you could send me the file at support@world-machine.com, I can figure out what’s going wrong.

The file handling you mention ( just show unknown devices if it can’t load some device ) is a new feature of the wm3 branch, but the forward and backward compatibility only applies to wm3 files, not those from wm 2.x.

I’ve had the same issue; in fact, it was with the file you posted at my request; “Hero Mountain Snow Line.tmd”, posted on a thread entitled “Snow” started by Troedel.

My WM version is 2.3.6.3.
I can’t update for reasons I won’t go into in an open forum; do you have a PM where I can explain my updating issues with you?
So, anyway, this appears to be a problem also found in WM 2, not just WM 3…