Problem saving .ter when using "full conservation"

seems like I’m unable to save a .ter file when using “full conservation” for build options. I get “error saving file.”

This doesn’t happen when i choose “keep build results (no conservation).”

Something I’m doing wrong?

Sort of!. It is wrong because it should work…
… But it is a known issue… to save it in full conservation, you need to check the flag about writting on every build.

A fix for that is coming soon, in version 1.1.

huh… does this mean that it’s impossible to save a high-res heightfield unless you can build it completely in RAM? If not, how else would I do it if I can’t save when using “full conservation?”

Thanks!

You can use it ! You just need to check “save the file every time the world machine is built”.
(This is a bug, and as Fil said it will be fixed soon)

Hm, same behaviour here… I try to build a 4096 terrain with some erosion filters. First I received this message: “3200 MB required, 1539 MB available, use Full Conversation”. So I activated Full Conversation in Preferences and “Save the file every time the world machine is built”. But… same error message (also for smaller sizes like 256): “There was an error saving this file!”. Any ideas?

• Karsten
Hm, same behaviour here... I try to build a 4096 terrain with some erosion filters. First I received this message: "3200 MB required, 1539 MB available, use Full Conversation". So I activated Full Conversation in Preferences and "Save the file every time the world machine is built". But... same error message (also for smaller sizes like 256): "There was an error saving this file!". Any ideas?
  • Karsten

Same message?.. If you checked save every build I wasn’t expecting there would be a message… Make sure the path exists… or that the file is not write protected, or any of that unexpected file management possibilities…

Just to make sure what I exactly did:

This also happens with a 256 terrain and the default file (three nodes). Path exists… file is not write protected (I try to create a fresh file)… same on two machines.

• Karsten

Everything is fine, except the fact that you’ll keep having the error if you press button. To save the file, just build the world machine, and it will write the file automatically (but the button “write output” still won’t work ;))

Rhalph is right about the solution above.

But better news is that this bug is fixed in the 1.2 (formerly 1.1) release of WM which is going to happen Real Soon Now. Just making sure that there are no other major known bugs left and then it will be released, most probably later on this week.

Thanks for your replies. Now, without pressing the button, it works fine. :slight_smile:

But nice that there is a better solution for v1.2.

• Karsten