query about build length

hi all,
im a noob here so please excuse my lack of experience and knowledge
i recently bought the standard version of world machine and its been great so far

ive set up my 7km scene using 4 opperators
Noise->Thermal Weathering->Table Mountains Macros->Erosion->Output
this creates a style of “rocky desert” look im going for.
at 2048x2048 it takes about 20 minutes to build. 4096 however has gone well over
12 hours so far and is still going. It’s still calculating the ‘Table Mountains Macros’
which seems to take the longest in any build size

is this normal though? does going from 2048 to 4096 really bump up the build time this much?
or has something stalled maybe? just wondering because i have other work that needs doing

im running a p4-core2duo 2.4ghz with a gforce 7900
i have much nothing else going in the background, its taking 50% of my cpu
no network for me

cheers :o

The problem is most likely that the memory requirements for 4096 exceed your
available physical RAM, which leads to swapping and really slows things down.
Unless you already did so, select “Keep only output build results” in your
world machine preferences dialog to conserve some memory.

Dito, once Windows has to start swapping pages in and out of memory frequently, the whole process slows down extremely.
The best solution besides using “Keep only output build results” is to add more ram to your system. You can never have enough ram :mrgreen:
How much memory do you have?

“Keep only output build results” has to do with memory conservation mode right? it asks me to turn it on before i build.
ive got 2 gig of ram running on 32bit XP. At the moment its still stuck in the same spot calculating the “table mountains macros” by ralph. 37 hrs gone by, 64 heightfeilds, 899mb ram used.
if only the “current device” status bar worked! it doesnt seem to work too well on smaller builds either. :?