Question on how to make a Flow map...

Hello, I need to create a Flow map for my Heightfeild. Do I have to Create one by hand, or is there an Heightfeild operator I cant find to do it for me?

Thanks.

The standard Erosion device has 3 alternate outputs. One of them is a “flow map”. If you hover your cursor over an input or output on a device, hot text should pop up with the name of that input/output. In this case it’s the top alternate output, or the 2nd one down (below the primary output).

• Oshyan

Connect a file out to the flow map output on Erosion and set the properties to the type of file you wish to use.
Outputs in bmp format may need some tweaking with contrast and may require a bit of blurring before they can be used as a template in Terragen, I don’t know about other apps. I also suggest creating your templates one size higher than your terrain as this lets Terragen give finer detail.
You may also wish to export as a Terragen terrain and using the combine function on subtract, after limiting the height, dig out the river valleys on the original terrain file, but that’s for the Terragen forums.
Happy masking.
Steve