Questions on erosion.

Because erosion has issues with tiled builds. I would like to know, how do I limit how far it spreads? Say for example:

When I attempt to get this level of erosion at cliff edges it bleeds over into the near by fields and things.

I have been experimenting with various masks but they are costly when we are talking large scale terrain. I would like to have the channels dig in but not go very far just stay and eat within a certain distance of the start of the erosion while still cutting deep.

I don’t think there’s a way to get around the cost of the erosion device.

to get that sort of gully erosion, you’ll want to use a channeled erosion with rock hardness set to a moderately high value.

Using masks to control the location of the erosion really is your best bet. If you pipe in a high-slopes mask to the erosion device, you should be able to constrain the erosion to just your cliffsides.

Cost of erosion wise, setting a high channeling value should allow you to reduce the base duration down to, say, 40, which will make the erosion proceed much faster.

thanks, I will give those a go.

This looks like wind erosion,

Land particles get spread out more evenly across the whole landscape because of their light weight, instead of being washed down.

So, the deposit distribution/spread has to have a pretty high value. Togather with the rock hardness set to the max.