Ran Out of Memory under 3GB mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used 3GB mode of 32bit WINXP to run World Machine standard edition which I just bought.
BUT ALWAYS ran out of memory when build 4097x4097 map!!!
My system is 4G winxp 32 with 3GB mode opened.
like this:

Im really pissed !!! why!!! how I can do. My project delay again and again…

A 4097x4097 device is huge. When there are several of them at a time (in a macro, in a device that has several inputs or outputs, when you combine two devices) it is often too much for the 32 bits version.
You must also know that Windows XP only allows 2 GB of memory for a program, unless you use the special trick here: http://www.world-machine.com/large_address.html

Try also to turn on the memory conservation option.
If it still doesn’t work, you may have to simplify your network or use Pro version, which is 64 bits, and has tiled builds (allowing to create a 4097x4097 maps by building chunks of smaller maps, which takes less memory).

(Hello too.)

Ralph look like he allready tried the 3GB switch…but as for the other stuff I agree…

Oops, right.

you might want to consider also rendering out smaller stages of the device chain…this way you can reduce the memory used…but its less than optimal

ok. i will buy pro edition. but be a 10 years serious c/c++ programmer, I don’t believe the coders of WM don’t know what’s virtual memory, nor memory paging tech, or something like that…I can move some data from phx mem to hd by hand when combine some effect of terrain if I detect the addr is not big enough. THE TERRAIN, it’s a 2d map, When I want to calculate a pixel color in middle of it, I don’t need whole 4097x4097 terrain pixels in mem,right? Wish God bless my project…

You’re welcome -_-