Rendering bug in 2.3.6???

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.2 pro -> 2.3.6 (mainly to take advantage of the new splat node) and since upgrading this is how the 3D view looks like after processing/rendering (please see attachment).
Unprocessed the view looks fine.

I run World Machine in Windows XP on a VMWare partition in OSX. I understand that this may indeed be part of the problem. However, 2.2 (and earlier versions) ran very well without a hitch. Also, please note:

• I did test with a new project.
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled WM.
  • I have restarted both Windows, WMWare and OSX.

Did anything change in 2.3.6 which may influence this behavior?

Many thanks in advance for a swift response - we are dead in the water right now. I may email support as well.
Best regards,
Daniel

Running WM under Windows 7 magically “fixed” this error. Perhaps 2.3.6 simply does not support Windows XP?
Anyway, we consider the problem solved. It was probably about time we scrapped that Windows XP partition anyway. :slight_smile: Sorry for your time / inconvenience!

Actually, not solved. :frowning:

Under Windows 7, the view does not “explode” as in the screenshot above. However, when resolution is set above 513x513 only 25% of the terrain will be displayed after processing. The displayed terrain is a “stripe” corresponding to the first 1/4 of the terrain area.
I have played around with the graphics settings in WM, allocated more memory (the virtual machine now has 2048 mb and is only running WM under Windows 7), etc. etc.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Finally solved. Turns out VMWare Fusion is not compatible with World Machine as far as I can tell. However, running Windows 7 under Parallels yields a fully functional World Machine so switching to Parallels is the solution. Hope this can help other Mac users encountering this problem after 2.3.6. :slight_smile: