Resize 8193er .ter into 8192.png

hi there,

I wonder how to resize a 8193 by 8193.ter file and convert into 8192 bx 8192.png.
Tried “File Input” (“localspace”) with plugged “heightmap output” (16-bit.png setting) and set the “World Projection Params” to 8192x8192 resolution…

Is this correct? Will the 8193 just be re-sized or will the additional “+1” border cropped/cut out?

Any clues?!

Cheers

Hi,

Yes, this is the correct way to do it. Make sure the “+1” checkbox is unchecked in the project build settings; your heightfield will be resized to 8192.

Thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hmmm, there seems to be some kind of bug…

When I do like descrived above and export as 16-bit.png, the image is 8129x8192…
when exporting as .ter and importing into another app (L3DT PRO) the size is 8193x8193.

When exporting in localspace = heightfield (.ter, also .png) in other app is just all black (but still around 130MB)
, when not checking “localspace” it´s fine - (except for the size, when saved as .ter)

Any idea where the problem is?

Cheers!

The terragen format is special; at least in the old days, it used to require power-of-two-plus-1 sizing. The terragen exporter internally always pads the output to respect this – this exporting to TER always produces a +1 size.

The localspace all-black export sounds like a bug; I’ll put it in the DB for investigation

Yeah, found that out, too :wink:

All .ter files generated from WM claim to be “+1” in size… If I had known that before… well could have saved some time…

/solved