"Ribbon" macro...

Hey guys, just updated to 1.0

Some pretty cool features, but I ran into a bit of an issue:

Is the “ribbon” macro supposed to replace the “rocky run” macro? It seems to be “rocky run” worked better in creating rivers. Thoughts?

Nothing, eh?

Also, how can you even make a river using the ribbon macros? I get a ribbon with an enormous height, not a depression… :?

http://terrafgen.free.fr/Downloads/Macros/River.dev

I had made my own version of the Rocky Run macro for v0.99 version - the difference is that you can choose the location of the river (not only at the center of the map).
v0.99 macros should be compatible with v1.0.

About using the Ribbon for making rivers :

• Connect the Ribbon macro to an Inverter
  • Connect the Inverter to a Combiner
  • Connect your terrain to the other input of the Combiner
  • Set the Combiner to Multiplication mode.
  • …and here it is :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ralph. You’re my hero. :slight_smile:

To the best of my knowledge the Ribbon macro was not intended as a replacement for Rocky Run. As Ralph said, .99 macros are compatible with 1.0, so you can simply use the old version. There were a limited number of new macros made specifically to exemplify new 1.0 macro features and presentation, and there was not time to convert all .99 macros. Only those macros that fully utilize 1.0’s macro features were shipped with the product, but again all .99 macros should work with 1.0. This is just a matter of what was shipped with 1.0.

On a side note, a handy trick not currently covered in the manual is that if you Open (double-click in explorer once downloaded, or choose Open from the file download option dialog in your browser) on a .dev file, it will automatically install that macro into World Machine and it will be available next time you start WM. You should see confirmation of the install if it works successfully.

• Oshyan