scaleing inputs

I have a question.Is there a way to scale your inputs independently within the same world?Say if you want your perlin at 1500 meters and afile input at 400 meters.

I don’t know if I really understood the question, but I would say to use the Clamp device… Then just reduce the max height !

If, on the other hand, you mean terrains of different resolution (one at 513x513 and another at 1024x1024) in the same worldmachine project, that cannot be done… their size is controled solely by the general options in “world size & positioning” dialog.

If you mean to zoom in on a terrain… or kind of enlarge (horizontally) the terrain, then Rhalph himself :P, made a macro (“zoom in”) for scaling a terrain with the same size… if you have a 512x512 terrain that is suposed to be 1000 meters long, you will get another 512x512 terrain 1000 meters long also, but the features will be rescaled… Beware that if you scale it too much you will start to loose some definition and detail…

Rhalph can better describe his macro I think…

Am I wrong, Rhalph?

Anyway, what I meen to tell you is that, to my belief, the distance in meters between pixels of a heightmap, in WorldMachine is purely for the user to have an idea of what the devices do. That information is ignored by WM once each device starts chewing heightmaps ;). To WM, pixels are just that: pixels, boring floating point numbers that need to be added, multiplied and interpolated. :lol:

Cheers,

Thanks for the help,I guess.I’m sorry for asking dumb questions,but here’s an example for the need of some kind of manuel.Thanks agin.

Walkin’ dude

I didn’t think of it as a dumb question… Besides, right now, we (forum) are the manual :); we are also interactive :wink: however, I think there is going to be some sort of neet glossary that will help in finding devices… But i didn’t say anyting :wink: