Scattering Device Localspace Height range issue! Help

I am missing the range elevation setting on the file input device because the scatter device needs it set in localspace.

On the scatter device i see two options for elevation range and i was under the impression it should work the same as minimum/maximum elevation like with the file input device.

But both settings on the scatter device seem to be doing exactly the same. (only changing the higher level) ?

I recommend using a Clamp device after your file input; it’s purpose in WM is to adjust range and should do what you want.

In the scatter device, elevation scale represents the total vertical span of your localspace heightfield. elevation offset is slightly different; it represents the height that will be considered “zero” for the compositing operation.

Here’s an example:

If you have a crater shape you’re scattering, you want to be able to both build up and cut away the terrain where the crater occurs. So you set your elevation offset to, say, 1/2 the total elevation span; you then build your crater around a constant-elevation plane (at elevation 1/2). When scattered with compositing set to “Replace”, the impact crater will get cut out, but the rim will be built up, exactly as you want. Changing the elevation scale will alter the overall relief of the crater.

Ah ok understood, and yeah havent thought of using the clamping device -.-

Btw, any chance that the 16 input limit could be increased? Just a suggestion.
I was lucky to exactly reach the 16 limit, but i had to rotate all my assets 4 times because of the lack of a rotating device (including randomize functionality)

Thanks!

Ah ok understood, and yeah havent thought of using the clamping device -.-

Btw, any chance that the 16 input limit could be increased? Just a suggestion.
I was lucky to exactly reach the 16 limit, but i had to rotate all my assets 4 times because of the lack of a rotating device (including randomize functionality)

Thanks!

Nice. it worked great with the clamping device.