selectors, filters, and outputs don't work!!

Notice the little window on the left there and that the pic of the “output”

BUT, a wait, no its not! and I am using a height then slope selector to pick specific slopes above sea level for rock faces. yeah that doesn’t work either…

This is the picture i get!

When multiple things don’t seem to work right, it’s usually best to work backwards to the source.

In this case, check your File Input device. Does your terrain look correct when you click on that device? Is it an 8 bit or high bitdepth input?

It is an 8bit RAW file, but I also get the same result if I take into Photoshop and output a standard height field file, (png, etc…)

Maybe you should use the selectors seperatly and combine them as a next step
So 1 time file out to height, one time file out to slope then take a combiner and choose he best combiner method maybe?

Can’t get the results I want that way. tried… I would prefer WM to work like its supposed to

I believe there are two problems happening here:

1. 8bit terrains have serious terracing due to the imprecision of the data – this is an unavoidable artifact of your source data, and can’t be fixed even if you change the file format (unless you have a high-bitdepth source you are generating the raw file from and can use that)

The way to compensate is to drop a Blur device onto the wires coming out of the file input device, and set it to a radius that is sufficient to erase all of the stairsteps in the terrain.

1. I don’t think the chain of Height Selector -> Slope Selector is doing what you intend it to do. The Height Selector returns a mask, not a terrain, that indicates which areas were within your height selection.

If you are trying to select an area that is within both certain height bounds AND certain slope bounds, you’ll have to do this differently, like the pic below:

In this image, each selector is producing a mask indicating where its condition is true: So one has areas above sea level, another has areas of high slope. The combiner (set to “multiply” mode) then merges the two masks into one mask that consists of areas that are both in your height band and in your slope band.

Maybe you should do some research about the use and technology behind all of this
Instead of blaming the program,you could try working around its flaws
I have mayor crashes with this program and i still like it.

Like i learned that i need a pgm format to use in cryengine
If i didnt look that up, i would have the same isues that you are having right now
Knowledge is the key… Trial and error…its how you learn more and more

Best is to examen what you did,trace back your steps, figure out what you did wrong
And try to do it the way its suposed to be done…

maybe^ Thanks for your input.

The problem also is the OUPUT isn’t what WM says it is. so how do I work around that?

This is what WM says it outputs:

but this is what i get. Once again, nothing close…

You will notice I took the suggestion and used the combiner, but still output isn’t right?

Use 2D view and rebuilt untill you get it right

The preview window gives you an aproximation of what you building
So when you amp up the resolution,you will get more detail then the preview can show