Show 3D on 2nd monitor

“Show 3D on 2nd monitor: When checked, World Machine will create an extra window that displays the current preview output to a secondary display.”

There is another topic on this subject dated 2008 with no fix listed. Is this an issue that is being worked on? Is there a workaround?

So is this fixed in 2.2?

I also don’t see the second monitor extra window.

Just updated to 2.2 and no luck. I have a Geforce 9800 GT. I hate that you cant change the size of that little preview window, haveing it on the second monitor was very handy.

I hear crickets. :frowning:

Hadn’t noticed that before. Since I use two monitors, that would be a nice feature. Wonder why it doesn’t work? :?

Clearly this thread is getting read by the developer. So why not comment on it? It’s not like we are going to stop using WM because it’s not working. In fact I use it as part of my company’s workflow, so it’s more of “I wish I could see what the hell I’m doing!” situation for me. With 2 24” monitors that little preview window is about the size of a postage stamp.

So here are my questions. Please clarify them.

1. Can we please have the 3d preview on the second monitor working again PLEASE!
  2. Is it possible to resize the existing 3d preview maybe through the INI settings or something.

The 2nd monitor 3D preview was disabled a while back due to some issues that have since been ironed out.

I’ve just been looking into it, and I can bring this back in the next minor bugfix release without incident. I’ll obviously let you guys know when that will happen!

Long term, the desire was to allow you to move an entire full-fledged view to the 2nd monitor window, to for example always have the device workview up while you are doing other things. This is still my long-term goal for this feature.

:smiley: Thanks for the reply, I’m glad to here that we get this back in its current form and excited to hear about the plan moveing forward.

In Professionnal build 3025 this is available in Views > Open Additionnal Window.