Snowy mountains redux

Just the same old snow covered mountain, done differently. Started as a random experiment, turned into an exercise in patience lol! Still a work in progress, this is just the first usable version

3 Likes

This looks very nice sir.

However, it might look better without the rivers and the splashes of orange like color around near the borders. They alter the sense of scale a little bit.

I like pics 2, 4, and 6.

What are you planning to use it for? Do you import your maps to other applications like Terragen / Vue, Unreal / Unity, or Blender / other 3d.

1 Like

Thanks! Colormap is just for visualization purpose. Once I get all the kinks and artifacts out, I’ll be retexturing it anyway.

Once It’s finished, I’ll be optimizing everything all around, for public consumption. Then I’ll test it with vue/terragen, before creating a reference scene in Blender. Not sure yet, but I’ll be selling it as a packaged product on blendermarket, someday.

1 Like

Looking nice! I would like to see the snow filling in the channels somewhat.

1 Like

Did a few more experiments with this one. Trying to get a proper material going, using latest world machine alpha build. The next build will be named “Artist point”, and has quite a few surprise improvements! I’ll let our fearless leader do the full announcement, though here’s a minuscule peek:

1 Like

Started redoing this material from scratch a few days back. Settled on this final look. The world machine projects are a mess at this point, but here ya go with some screenshots!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.