Some help finding a missing node -> Colorize ?

Apologize first of all for possibly being blind, but I can’t find the node “Colorize” in the menu.

If I open up the macro for the Coastal overlay, it has this colorize node, but I cannot find it in the menus.

I can find the colorizer node, but this works differently where it uses the world colors, but I want to specify my own 2 colors in multiple places.

I also see there is a colorizer2 macro, but this has sparkles and no input? I just want to add 2 colors to a heightmap.

Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Many thanks,

Axedup

Hi there,

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you’re looking for : The Colorize device is under “Converter”, but you mention that this isn’t what you want…

Macros are allowed to exist only within a given file. If you have a file with a Colorize macro, you can save it to your library for safekeeping however, by selecting it and then selecting “Save device to library” from the Device Commands menu. It will then be available for you in other projects.

Hi,

Ok I’ve got a pic here that shows the difference between the colorizer & the Colorize nodes.

The colorizer node that you can pick from the menu, only allows you to use the current world colors. or use the built in color tables (greyscale woodlands etc)…

But…

The colorize node from inside the Costal Overlay macro, allows you to pick 2 colors without pointing to the world colors or the built in methods.

So where can I find this node?

Thanks

Hi,

Ok I managed to get a workaround, by just opening up the Costal_Overlay macro and copy / pasting it out into my wm doc. :slight_smile:

Which is not a real solution. Does that device exist anywhere in menus for us to use?

Just thought I would mention the most recent dev blog post, which should make everyone who wants a more full featured Colorizer very happy :slight_smile:

http://world-machine.com/blog/?p=269