Strange Graphical Bug in Device View

Hello there. I installed the basic version and I am getting a strange graphical glitch in the device view where all the colored inputs & outputs have long colored streaks all converging on a single point. Doesn’t matter how many or how few devices are in the scene, they all do it. See attached image.

Can not figure out how to alleviate this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

My Hardware Setup is: HPZ820 / 2x Xeon 2687W CPUs / 32GB RAM / Quadro K5000 graphics card

Thanks!

Haven’t seen that before. Can you upload the the tmd file? I take it you moved the devices up to illustrate the problem.

Here you go! It also happens with the example scenes / any device added to the device view

Thanks for the help!

Looks okay on my system, as I expected it would. I would guess it’s a driver setting for your K5000. That’s a high-end card and probably not that many WM users have one. It looks like the latest driver is 320.00 released on May 3. Maybe someone else here has a Quadro?

Is WM the only application you see this problem?

I wish I had an answer to this problem – I have encountered it once on the opposite type of hardware (integrated graphics) and it ended up being a driver bug that was eventually fixed.

Same bug here :

I didn’t have this issue in previous releases.

System:

Lenovo w520
16 GB Ram
Quadro 2000M

Someone else I was corresponding with about this problem mentioned that downgrading the quadro drivers to 311 fixes this problem.

From certain things I’m betting its a driver bug – in particular, it looks like the bottom triangle of the port color has one vertex erronously at zero, but the ports are actually GL_QUADs, and the triangulation is done in-driver.

I’ll go talk to nvidia and see if they have any ideas. Ultimately, I could probably create a workaround if they are unresponsive.

thanks for the reply Remnant! I’ll downgrade and give it a try.

Ok, I downgraded to the 311.50 driver and it seems to have fixed the problem.

thanks!

Please note I see the same bug with Quadro K4000 and latest Quadro drivers 320.86. Very difficult to work with WM and this driver bug.