Tiled Builds and Tile Numbering Start

Hi,

I have noticed this behavior when using tiled builds and the tile numbering.

If I have a 4 x 4k m world build and I want to render the center 2 x 2km in a tiled build the tile numbering at zero. Is there a way for the extents to start at the index of the complete world as opposed to the current extents setting. I know I can set the start numbering for the tiles in the tile build dialogue, can I specify this start value in an automation script. The documentation does not mention I can specify these values via automation.

I am asking this because I am trying to build an automated set-up that can tile build specific tiles on request and differing size dimensions of tiled builds. I want these tiled builds to respect the total size world tile numbering, I do not want to create a lot of rendering extents inside a tmd file as this will make the file less portable for iterating with etc.

I suppose being able to specific a master extent and then a sub extent that can understand its position in the full world would solve this issue also.

Thanks,

R.

Hi there,

If I understand your request correctly, this is already possible.

To review, in the GUI if your main extents are setup for a 4km x 4km world with each tile being 1km lets say, you can render out only the middle tiles by, in the tiled build options setup, un-checking “always output all tiles” and instead select only the middle four. One aside : make sure that “Calculate edge tiles on partial tilesets” is checked. It should be by default, but without this the subtiles won’t be guaranteed to fit against a tileset rendered separately.

Regarding automation:

There were actually some improvements in this front that have not been documented since the last time I hit the automation docs. But you can easily specify regions of tiles to export using the following syntax in a WM XML automation script:

The tag can now take a child element, :

tag: is a child of
attribute: default=‘1|0’ will set all tiles to either export or not export respectively

attribute: enabled=‘1|0’ defaults to 1. Set the tile to export or not export
body value: text in the form ‘x0,y0 x1, y1’ which specify a rectangle of tiles to export or not. This is counted inclusively, so to set all tiles in a 3x3 tileset you would use 0,0 2,2.

attribute: enabled=‘1|0’ defaults to 1. Set the tile to export or not export
body value: text in the form ‘x0,y0’. Specify a single tile location to set.

Using the above, this WM automation script example will export (out of a 6x6 tileset of 1024 resolution), a center region of 2x2 tiles along with the tile 0,0:

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

2,2 3,3 0, 0 [/code]

You must be using WM 2.3.5 or higher to use this new automation ability.