Tiled export heightmap problems

Hi

So I am a Unity user who is trying to make a tiled export of my terrain. However the tiled exports looks radically different than the standard export.

The terrain is 20002000500m and I export as r16. After doing so I change the file extension from .r16 to .raw in order for Unity to accept it as a heightmap.

It works fine for a standard single terrain tile export. This gives me an expected result. However a tiled export (41000100*500m) gives me odd results. Please see the attached image;

As you can see the tiled terrain looks very different. The differences are most visible on the centrepiece mountain which looks quite odd in the tiled version.

I am using World Machine Professional Build 3019 64bit.

If you are interested you can grab the scene file here; https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eydYT1wGwpBXlbRPBGPB2rN6sclgzqWx

I am contemplating resorting to just exporting a really highres version of the single terrain and cutting it up in Photoshop but I feel I am just missing something. I found this similar thread but doesnt seem to be that problem I am facing; http://forum.world-machine.com/index.php?topic=3310.msg14604#msg14604

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Some filters are not tile build friendly. They show an “exclamation mark” next to the device name. Try to avoid those.

Also, erosion filter with “geological time enhancement” enabled, creates drastically different result for tiled build. Try to avoid that option too.

Solution: The best 1:1 result can only be obtained by cutting up a hi res result “after” the build is baked to files. You can set up a file in world machine with “file input->file output” set for each file you want to split into tiles (including masks). Then set up tiled build for that new world. That way you can split as many files as you want, as many times as you want, without losing details. Do remember to disable blending in the tiled settings, and enable “share edge vertices”.