Tiled filed input doesn't work......

SO yeah, this doesn’t work. :evil:

That error message means that World Machine is having trouble parsing your input files.

Since you are using RAW files, my first question is: are these 16 bit RAW or 8bit RAW? The currently available version of World Machine requires high bit depth RAW files to be noted as either .r16 or .r32 to distinguish them from 8 bit raw. If your input files are 16bit raw, just rename *.raw to *.r16 and WM should accept them.

If you are still having problems after that, I would definitely like to take a look at your input tileset, as there is no reason why this would fail to load.

they are 8…

Are they square or rectangular in dimension? It’s impossible to guess the dimensions on a raw file that isn’t square, so if that is the case WM will not be able to load them.

If its not the above, I’d be happy take a closer look at your tiled input set if you zip them up and mail them to support@world-machine.com. From inspection everything looks like it should work fine.

So since Unity only outputs 8Bit RAW heightmaps, and you have a TON of users that use Unity… unless I misunderstood your post

Your raw files actually are 257x257 16bit RAWs. If you rename them to R16 they will load successfully.

You can verify this by using Photoshop or another exploratory tool : a 257x257x8bit raw should be only 66,049 bytes, whereas your file is 129KB; there are clearly two channels of data present, and if treated as a 16bit value, is successful.

Also, it looks like the axis are flipped in the terrain set: What is labelled X axis actually goes north/south, while Y goes east/west. This will import very poorly into WM since it doesn’t match the usual coordinate system convention (X,Y ordered where x comes first in the coordinate pair, and runs east/west). Re-label the tiles appropriately and you should be OK!

Roger. I will try all those.

Thanks