Tiled Terrain

Hello, I have a problem with exporting tiled terrains. After generating the tiles I get (for all lines in the tiles export window) and error about failed merging. The strange thing is, the merge tiles after build option is off. When I enable it I get only one heightmap but export works as expected. Anyone have any suggestions?

Where exactly is the problem? From your description it sounds like WM fails at a task you didn’t want to be done anyway.

Maybe I was not clear, sorry.

I want to export tiled terrain but cannot. When the tiles have been generated in the “Tiled Build” window (100% for all tiles), in the “State” column I can see a “MERGING” and after that a “Merge FAILED” for all tiles.
The export is not written to disk. The thing is: I have not selected the “Merge output into single file after build” checkbox in the “Tiled Ouput Setup”. So why is it trying to merge anyway? Or is that normal?

Ok, THAT is a problem… WM has a temp-folder for temporary files somewhere where it puts tiles that are to be merged.
Check if they’re there after the build but before you click ok on the Merge Failed warning.
Maybe WM is looking in the wrong folder - so look into both documents and settings… and WMs folger in c:/programs/…
(no, it’s not normal)

I’ll also test this issue myself now.

You were right. I double-checked all paths of my many output nodes and also unchecked the box “use world file location as default path” in the options. Its working now. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Ok, so how many bugs do we have here ^^
1.“use world file location as default path” somehow conflicts with the path for temp files.
2. Even with merging disabled, WM tries to merge the tiles, or at least says it does, though no merged output is being saved to disk
and another small one plus a typo I encountered while testing this gg

Glad it works for you now and thanks for finding/reporting those bugs. :slight_smile:

A small update on bug 2: It’s not a bug. As Stephen told me, “merging” in this context means that the seams are being removed, the tiles do not actually get merged.