Transfer terrain to Cinema 4D and Vray

Hi all,

I made my first attempt to get a terrain from world machine to Cinema 4D and render it with Vray. I really like the result.
The terrain is a slightly modified one from Iri Shinsoj. I used a heightmap, a colormap and a normal map.

The 4097x4097 heightmap was used for displacement and a simple diffuse (colormap) and normal channel was added. You have to flip the X-Axis for the normal map to get a correct one for Vray.

Overall I did add a bit specularity were the snow is.

The scene was lit with an HDRI. Seems I have a workflow now that i can refine further.

Nice work so far! I see a bit of polygons visible on the bottom left. That should be fixed by smoothing normals. I don’t know how it’s done in c4d or vray though. Also, terraces are a bit too obvious, try masking those with a noise or fractal.

This!

Thanks! This part of the terrain is very close to the camera and the visibility of the polygons may also be related to the resolution of the bitmap texture. I’ll have to investigate this in detail. I plan to use the bitmap as mask in further images and use a native material with a much higher resultion.

The terraces are obvious and I have to change that. I would also love to see a feature where you can horizontally tilt the terraces. This might be intersteing for canyons as well.

Well, if you’ve got the extra cash to spend, the GeoGlyph macros from QuadSpinner have a couple for creating more natural looking terracing. I’m currently using the community build, which is free, but limited to 1025 resolution. I would definitely suggest it, if you’re having issues with terraces (there’s a lot of other neat stuff in it as well).

Thanks, just downloaded the free version. I also like the rest of the macros. I may at least buy the Indie version.

too bad, it only works with WM Pro version…

cheers

So it does not work with the Standard version? Good to know. I almost missed that.

Oh man, did not know that, sorry. Would have mentioned it otherwise, thanks for pointing that out!

No problem. I just wonder, why it does not work with the standard version. :?

If I had to guess, I’d say that the macros use automation/scripting, which isn’t supported in the standard edition. That’s the only reason I can think of off the top of my head.

To be fair though, WM Pro + Geoglyph Indie is well worth the price in my opinion! :smiley:

I think it is. Been occupied with other things lately, but i may have to render a lot of landscapes soon and then the investment will certainly help.

oriqivoi@ser.namnerbca.com

Реализую землесос Pilemaster PD3000. Данный землесос предназнаен перекачивать воду из котлованов, влажный песок, илистые отложения, глину, водную растительность, пластиковую тару, ветки деревьев, камни фракцией до 40 мм.
Также землесос Pilemaster PD3000 применяется в нефтегазодобывающей отрасли на заболоченных нефтянных месторождениях, кустах при прокладке путепроводов. Для сельского хозяйства землесос pilemaster PD3000 применяют для добычи удобрений таких как сапропель, перемешивания лагун, компостных ям. Специальные усиленные комплектации пескового насоса pilemaster PD3000 способны производить добычу песка из рек, озер, обводненных карьеров.
Землесос имеет запатентованную систему, которая позволяет его использование с экскаваторами разной массы от 14 до 50 тонн.
Одной из самых востребованных моделей насоса является модификация для полноповоротных экскаваторов, производительностью - 800 м3.
Установка землесос Pilemaster PD3000 на экскаватор амфибию типа Waterking, Amphimaster, SWAMPKING позволяет превратить его в полноценный земснаряд, способный выполнять широкий комплекс очистных работ.

Быстро. Четко. Дорого
Компания УМ Строймост
контактный т\ф: +7(3435) 370-180
Карличук Илья
info@pilemaster.ru
База г.Нижний Тагил доставим в любой регион транспортной компанией ПЭК