UDK Layer

Hi!
Uploaded a new macro, check it out Dudes…
It makes a Overlaymap and 5 Layers that can be exported to UDK Landscape system.

Hi,

Just checked out your macro… I think this is a great example and tool for folks who want to export layer masks not just for UDK but many real time applications.

Nice upload!

Thanks Hotshot.
I’ve just started playing with UDK – do you know of a go terrain tutorial for importing height maps?

Nope I only work with UDK Landscape system not the UDK Terrain system

Sounds like an awsome macro but i get this error ‘There was an unknown error loading this macro’

Does anybody know what might be the cause?

I use 2.3 beta

Hey guys,

Thanks Hot shot for this very nice macro. Give quite flexibility in the output textures.

However i was wondering how do you actually use them in UDK. So far the only way i know to paint terrain is to create a material with the UDK Layer functions to allow texture painting in the landscape feature. I coulndt manage to use at the same times layers and your masks. I know It’s probably not the best place to post this, but since this Macro has been made for this purpose, i though someone might know.

Cheers,

Sure I will make a tutorial how I use the mask in UDK, for the Landscape system.

I will show you how to make a basic Landscape material and how to apply the WM-masks… :slight_smile:

Thanks Hotshot that would be awesome :slight_smile: meanwhile I’ll keep fiddling with the set up of my splatmap.

I made 2 clip

The first is how to setup WM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpvsx_1B4M&feature=youtu.be

The second is how to make a basic material and how to apply the layers in UDK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU2QunA0eTc&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy…

Thanks for those Video! that was pretty quick as well
I didn’t though about this approach at all and had no idea you could load the masks within the layer tab.
So far i had my splat map with tiles on one side, mask on this other mapped with terraincoord and lerps inbetween. It was all plugged into 1 single layer and was not really practical to edit and paint over the result.

tack :slight_smile:

hi the download link doesn’t seem to work

Link is now working but is there any chance you can convert Macro so it can work on 2.2 version ?

Cheers!

oyokawm@dafgtddf.com

ejdajolo@dafgtddf.com

zxffmhd@cinematiko.bid