Undo is always greyed out

Does anyone else find that undo and redo are permanently greyed out and unusable? Im just starting evaluating the software for a major feature film and this is pretty much a showstopper right out of the box!

Same here. I also notice many of the value input boxes (verses using the slider) won’t take inputs. These must be bugs that were introduced in the recent build.

Unfortunately, Undo/Redo is not supported at the moment. I’m sorry to hear that its a showstopper for you! Since the device editing box is modal, it gives you a crude sort of undo – if you don’t like your changes, you can simply cancel the dialog. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Jaf, this lack has actually always been true – this is mostly because back in WM’s 32bit days there were some resource consumption issues that had to be ironed out and so Undo/Redo was disabled until it could be addressed. Of course, years later, this is no longer a problem. It will certainly be re-introduced again at some point; its just a matter of priority.

When Im in the node editor I can live with it. When im in the layout generator its a big problem. So let me rephrase: the layout generator is not useable for us without an undo.

I second this sentiment. We need the undo.

Same here guys, I’m doing a lot of work in the Layout Generator and get really frustrated sometimes with no undo. I am fairly new to WM though and learning ways around some problems.

slaps head I thought I was missing some check box for enable undo. I too also need it in layout editor mostly. That this little feature is broken really inhibits experimentation that is an ingrained workflow for artists; change change change…sucks…ctrl-Z ctrl-Z ctrl-Z

That this little feature is broken really inhibits experimentation that is an ingrained workflow for artists; change change change...sucks...ctrl-Z ctrl-Z ctrl-Z

Yep, I can only second that. World Machine is often not especially easy to work with, and the absence of undo/redo really makes things even more complicated.

I hear you guys. I will be bumping proper undo support to the top of the priority list thanks to your feedback!

Great news, thank you! I think many people will be very happy to hear that. :slight_smile:

Thank you . I mostly need it in the Layoutgenerator…

Has there been any progress in adding undo/redo functionality? My WM 2 standard is still showing this greyed out.

Would really like to have this ability. Thanks, and great program.

The Dev version (River) has undo support, although I haven’t exercised it very much. If we ever see Remnant again :frowning: I’m sure the feature will migrate eventually into the main line version of WM.

asidizel@maildgsp.com

ojusak@maildgsp.com

qijuml@emailnameref.com

ektaru@email.namnerbca.com