Unity crash after replacing splat map

Hi guys,
first of all it’s an impressive tool for terrain generation. I would like to say thanks for it.

Now I want to know why Unity crash after replacing the splat map of the terrain?
I follow the workflow which is given on your site http://www.world-machine.com/learn.php?page=workflow&workflow=wfunity
everything going great. I changed the splatmap and the textures are looking great but as I save it goes crash. and after again opening unity this particular terrain crash every time.
I tried to make another terrain and it have the same issue.
it works better till I save. but while saving the scene it crashes.

Regards

Digital

No body knows about it?

Someone else on the forum mentioned the same issue but I haven’t been able to replicate it. I believe they worked around it by installing an earlier version of Unity.

I can take a look again at the most recent version and see if anything crops up.

I am working on Unity version 3.5.1f2

don’t know why it’s crashing on saving after replacing splat map.
I also searching on the forum to find if someone earlier get the same issue.

I have still the same issue with my unity.
It may be because of the version of unity and I have to try this splat map thing in other version of unity. Or better to put this issue in the Unity forum.
there community is much bigger than world machine.

I find that the png export with alpha doesn’t contain any alpha when I open it in Photoshop. Other formats seem ok. Is this related perhaps?

monks

Problem solved.
It was crashing because the detail map resolution in terrain resolution was 512 and the splat map size was 1024.
I change the detailed map size from 512 to 1024 and now there is no issue with it.

Hope it will help other guys who counter issue like this.
I use png format so we don’t need alpha as separate channel as in tga. the alpha itself in the main channel in png.