Unknown Error when doing Tile Build: River Preview 1

Hi,

I am new to World Machine. I tried doing a high rez (4day render time) and at the end of the build i recieve an error “Unknown Error, There was an unknown error during the build process”.

I have added the tmd file to this post. I am using River Preview 1.

I am happy to take advice on what I am doing wrong, I just can’t get work out what I am doing wrong with this error.

Hi there,

I’ll take a look and see if I can replicate your problem. In general however, often problems building huge tiled builds stem from running out of disk space during the build on the drive that WM is using for temporary files.

I am having the same problem. Only my buildtime is only 1-2 hours. The error shows at the end of a build. So it seems to be that the path to save the file is doing something weard. But changing it to something else doesn’t seem to fix it either.

I’ve confirmed the issue and the fix will be included in riverpreview2, coming out this week most likely.

Awesome! Thank you very much for the quick fix.

Glad to know it was actually a problem and not user error. Thanks again for being so responsive :slight_smile:

I am also affected, but it’s on all terrains. I’ve tried the previous River build too. Happens with a default project. I realise it’s been diagnosed but I’m sharing just in case.

Looking forward to the fix, thanks for identifying it so quickly.

Yes, the tiled build fail was related to the datatype-handling code and would effect all tiled builds – the fix is now available in riverprev2.