Unofficial World Machine device reference available.

Ok, in response to the clamor for more World Machine documentation on the Terragen Yahoo list, I’ve dug up an in-progress device reference document that Fil Dias (another WM tester) created some time ago. We (myself, Fil and Stephen) all contributed to it a bit, off and on, but it’s really Fil’s creation. With his permission and assistance, I’ve gotten a public address for it, so here you all are:
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~fmdi/wm/WM_DevRef.html

Keep in mind that it’s very unfinished and in-progress. Any assistance in fleshing out the descriptions and whatnot would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this will be updated more as time goes on, and as time allows of course. But for now it’s better than nothing, right? :wink:

• Oshyan

That same link now has a more up-to-date version from 31st of march this year.

Cheers,

Fil’s World Machine device reference has a new, permanent home and has also been updated. http://worldmachine.ashundar.com/ There’s a .pdf version there for those who want to print it easily or read it off-line. Thanks to Tim O’Donoghue for the conversion.

• Oshyan

Bloody hell! :smiley: That’s awesome!

Thanks, Oshyan!

addendum I think (with a little work) I can make a CHM (compiled help) file with your source material, with your permission, of course!

Is the process of making that CHM automatic?
I’m asking this because I intend to keep updating that device reference.
You may thing it’s awesome and such because it has ~15 pages, but if you really look at how many devices are really complete with usefull information, you’ll be able to count them by your fingers.
So if it is automatic, it is less troublesome to keep up to date with the original version.
Also, I was planning on adding small side-tutorials explaining some parameters’ effects. You can see now there are a few “see tutorial #?” links that are not working yet…

So I plan to put some more hard work into it.

I would not mind it to be turned into a chm file when it is finished, or closer to that… how ever, if you want to start doing it, I have nothing against it, right now! What do you think Oshyan?

Cheers,

That sounds fine to me. We can host it at the same URL. I am not sure entirely how useful it could be if it were not linked into the World Machine application help menu. Perhaps people could make a shortcut in their WM Programs group for easier access.

• Oshyan

Sorry - only replying to this now! I didn’t get any notifications that people had responded to my post. :?

I’ll get cracking on it! :smiley:

Done!

I have mailed Fil a copy for his approval…

Excellent. Thanks!

• Oshyan

Hi, Fil - Any news on approving the CHM - I sppreciate you may be very busy at the moment - or perhaps I sent it to an incorrect eddress?

Eoin.

I’ll ask him about it, I was wondering myself. I haven’t heard anything so far, and he hasn’t shown it to me, so I’m not sure if he got it.

• Oshyan

Didn’t you receive my email? I read here you sent me something, so I checked my email for anything and didn’t find anything, so I mailed you saysing exacly that… Can you send it again to fil_days @ yahoo.com?

Thaks,

Fil…

Blast it anyway - damn ‘Notify me when a reply is posted’ bot isn’t working on this board - only responding now - apologies :oops: . I have sent it to you again at that addy…

Eoin.