Upgraded to Pro version and cannot open my files form standard version

I have matched all the updates and addons to the Pro version that I had including all the macros and it still will not open my files, any suggestions?

Hi there,

This definitely doesn’t make any sense – there shouldn’t be any reason why the Pro version cannot open a Std edition file, unless the Standard Edition was of a newer version.

Can you double check and report here what version (available in the Help->About World Machine menu command) your Standard and Professional installations reported? In particular, if the Standard edition was the development channel this would be an expected result, but not in any other situation.

Hi the standard edition deleted when the pro installed, but it was just purchased 6 months ago and the pro 1 month ago, neither were a test version.

Please feel free to email me the tmd file that you can’t open at support@world-machine.com for analysis – I’ll see if I can track down what’s happening for you.

Thanks, I will send it off today to the email address.

Hi there,

I’ve confirmed that this simply a Release vs Dev Channel issue – the file was created in WM 3dev1, and I’ve verified that it can open correctly in the current Dev Channel release.

Double check that you’re running the correct version of World Machine (Help->About World Machine)!

Thanks, I downloaded the latest dev edition and they are all opening fine now, thank you for your assistance!