Vertical Terraces Macro

Hey!

I got a little macro for you. It is quite simple, but may be useful after some experimenting.
It creates vertical terraces, that run from the peaks of the terrain to its valleys. 8)
These terraces aren’t immediately added to your terrain - you can combine them yourself with your terrain and maybe achieve some cool effects.
After all - it is still experimental.

http://www.ashundar.com/plug.php?p=browser&f=519
edit: http://nkblog.nkdev.de/?page_id=446

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

This is a pretty interesting macro. Using it, and then adding the created terraces back onto the source terrain produces some pretty cool results.

:o Well done!

I have to say that I wasn’t expecting it!.. It is the first inteligent use of the Normal Output from the Select Angle device that I have ever seen!
I had played with it before, but never arsened its power like that :wink:

Congrats!

Though, curiously, I was expecting you would use a Ramp device after the angle selector instead of the Terrace and Subtraction devices… But the way you do it has advantages on making more than 4 ridges (at frequency 8 in the Ramp) and more “control” over the shape of the ridges…
Maybe some more experimenting will improve it… But it is quite a nice macro!

Cheers,

I already wanted to do these terraces a while ago… then one day I found this Normal output :mrgreen:

Thanks for your comments! :smiley:

I will go on improving the macro eg. more control over the final shape and creating another output, where the terrace are immediatly added to the terrain.

A Ramp device could be useful to double or triple the number of terraces!
good idea…
edit: That’s up to 512 Ridges… guess that doesn’t make sence for basic users. I wonder if this is senseful for anyone anyway. :mrgreen:

Hi y’all!

Please forgive me, but I’m a W-M newbie.
So, how does one use these .rar files?
Isn’t a macro given the .dev extension?
Or is this some sort of compressed file?

Completely mystified!

ford

Yes, this is a compressed file… .rar archives often have better compression than .zip.
Try 7-zip (free) to read them :slight_smile:

j.o.gd.ble.lwlv@gmail.com