What might be wrong?

Hello all,

Please excuse a newbie’s problem. I bought this software yesterday and have been unable to get either version 2.1 or 2.15 to run on any of my computers. The last one I tried it on is an HP Pavilion with 4 gig of memory, running XP Pro. It begins to run just fine, but I can make it crash immediately upon loading by simply clicking the “globe” icon (don’t remember the name of the mode). It either crashes while trying to build the scene or as soon as I try to scroll the view anywhere.

I really don’t want to give up on this software but I obviously can’t use it if it won’t even run for ten seconds without dumping on me. The lack of other similar reporrts here leads me to believe it’s something about my setup. One thing that I wondered about is that since I’m not a gamer none of my graphics cards are specialty cards, could that make a difference?

Thanks for any advice. I really don’t want to abandon this software, it looks great!

There are often problems with openGL when drivers are not up to date. Try to update the drivers of your graphic card.

Hi there,

I believe I just replied to your email as well, but as Rhalph says, make sure your video card drivers are up to date; also go to Preferences->Video Options and make sure “Use fastest display method” is unchecked.

Thanks to both of you,

I finally got it running well last night by moving it to my studio computer, so as long as I can get it to run on SOMETHING I’m happy. Thanks for your help.