What's wrong with that saving?

Hello, help me please.
When I try to save my terrain in Terragen format I get message sayins I should try to rebuild the world machine. But as many times as I complete all that calculations I get the same message again and again. So what’s wrong with that? Thank you.

Are you sure the last device is connected to the file output?

i’ve also encountered this problem, i fixed it by telling it where to save the file, instead of letting it use the default path.

I am also getting "Rebuild World Machine " message when trying to output a file. I have tried the test files and new files and other outputs formats but always get this message.

Don’t know what to do next.

I am also getting "Rebuild World Machine " message when trying to output a file. I have tried the test files and new files and other outputs formats but always get this message.

What “Rebuild message” is that? :? Is it a popup dialog box saying “There was an error saving this file! Try rebuilding the world machine.”, or was it in the OpenGL View a message saying “The selected device is not yet build. Press the build (green) button to create.” ?

If it was the first message, it could have been anything from “permission denied” and “no disk space” to the same reason for the second message.
For this second message the reason is usually related with there not being any path between any generator or input device to the output device.

If all your attempts fail, try opening WM, then click the green button, go back to “design view”, then double-click the File Output device, choose your stuff (Output format, file name and location), and then click “write output to disk!”. If this doesn’t work you have found a bug 8) , and you should let us know with as much detail as possible. If it works, try applying this methodology with controlled variances to your project :wink: