Where do I start?

Hello World Machine community!

I am new to the forums but have been tinkering with World Machine for about 10 months.
I am not sure where to ask this question or what protocols are desired so here goes:

I am making a map from the Southwest Mesa example and need to apply a road to it. I have the road
process down pat using the tutorial and that alone has produced fantastic roads in Torque 3D.
Trying to get a road layout generator to work in the SW mesa example has been a challenge
with my best result having a road affected by erosion but otherwise fine. I have tried all sorts
of antics with node placement and mask inputs. I have attached the node layout and have removed
the basic renderer because I am not interested in the baked lighting.

Any advice is appreciated and thank you much.

Hi there,

The easiest way to insert your roads is to place the Road layout generator directly after the Erosion->Curves sequence – this will ensure that your roads are placed after the terrain itself has been formed.

Thank you Remnant, that got the road to show and unaffected by other nodes. I didn’t need the inverter either but now
the terrain color is not seeing the road structure/fall off slope. I tried plugging the inverter into the various mask inputs
in the macro feed cluster with no effect. I will keep tinkering.

The terrain color is currently based only on the terrain itself. To add a color for the road, add a Color Generator and a Chooser device.

Wire the current texture output of the Basic Coverage macro into the first input of the chooser, the color generator into the second, and the mask output of your road layout into the third.

Finally, wire the output of your chooser into the second input of the overlay view, in place of the Basic Coverage device. The areas covered by road will now contain the color you’ve specified for the road in the color generator device.