Where do new macro files (.dev) get created at?

I have created and modified a few macros over the past few days. In reading the documentation I can’t find any reference to where my new macros are stored. I’ve searched my computer and can’t find my new .dev files. Where should I start?

Thanks

Hi there,

If you open up Preferences, then choose the Paths tab, you’ll see the Macro storage path listed. Just click the Open button there to open that folder (it’s usually at My Documents\World Machine Documents\Macros)

Thanks, Stephen

The paths point to the expected folder, but I still don’t see my macros. I can create them in a layout easily enough, I just can’t reuse them or share them because I can’t find them. All I see is the macros already in Coverage Library and Surface Maps.

Have you saved them to the library?

You can create macros and have them in your world files but they won’t be populated to the macro library until you save them to there.

Click on the macro you’ve created then go to Device Commands->Save Device to Library and you can save your macro to disk so you can load it in other projects.

Ah, yes. Not self evident, but it makes sense now. Problem Between User and Keyboard. Sorry for the hassle, Stephen. Much thanks for such a useful terrain tool though =).