WM 2.2 Pro does not remember registration

Hi,

Just installed WM 2.2 Pro… When I enter my name and registration key, the program starts up fine.

Next time I want to run it, it asks me for the same reg info again? And it also seems to install the program every time?

I’m on Win7 x64 and using WM x64

Martin

Hi Martians,

hmm. I need a few more details – are you running as admin or a standard user? during the first run process did you have it create a document folder for you?

Essentially on startup the procedure is:

1. WM creates a local data folder for you the current user, copying the default configuration settings there.
  2. If your default world.ini that resides in the Program Files\ directory doesn’t contain your registration information, it asks for it on a per-user basis.
  3. in the local data folder (which would be \Users\YourUserName\Application Data\Roaming\World Machine 2.2 Professional), the world.ini for your username will have FirstRun=0 so that you no longer receive a notification.

Can you verify for me that the local data folder exists and has a world.ini file?

Hi Stephen,

I checked the world.ini and it does have FirstRun=0

So, I tried running it once again - and now it is working as it should!

Don’t know what happened there, but perhaps it’s because I told it to skip replacing the files on second install?

Anyway, It’s all good now - thanks for your time… :slight_smile:

I had a similar problem once. It stopped after I first saved a file.

I believe I’ve identified this as a bug that occurs if you opt not to create a document folder and have never run WM before.

I’ve fixed this for new downloads.