WM 2.3 Pro runs, but I can't interact with it at all

I am using a windows 7 64 bit system

Hi there,

can you explain further what you mean? None of the menus work or clicking anywhere?

I cannot interact with the program at all. No menus, I cannot close the page with the X at the top right, I cannot interact with anything inside the program’s graphic space. The only way I have been able to close the program is with the use of task manager.

when I click to interact with the program in any way the windows “ding” sound plays…if that helps at all :slight_smile:

Very strange. There is a way you can help me troubleshoot this. Can you open the task manager while WM is running but non-responsive, then right click on the World Machine process (either World Machine32.exe or World Machine64.exe) and select Create Dump file. It will create a dump file and give you the path to it. Can you then send the resulting dump file to support@world-machine.com or submit it at http://www.world-machine.com/crash/

Doing so should let me isolate where the problem is.

Thanks,

A ding sound means the keyboard buffer is full and therefore that it is not processing it, or the windows queue is blocked. Check the process to see if it is consuming CPU resources or if it’s just pointed off into space and quietly dead.

In line with what ivanhawkes said, I was going to also suggest double-checking that there’s not a pop up message that accidently was shown behind the main window. On Windows 7, click the Show Desktop button, then re-select World Machine and any popup should now be in front.

So, I emailed you the dump file to support.
The program is not consuming CPU resources.
There is no popup when I use the show desktop and reselect world machine method.

So, the issue has been fixed, kudo’s to those who helped me out. It ended up being an issue with dual monitors (my TV being the other one, and always off). This functionality has been changed to make it more user friendly.

Thank you!