WM crashes when using sliding control

hi,

I’m using the latest version WM 1.25.

but every now and then, wm crashes when using sliding controls.
it doesn’t matter witch device I’m using. making some changes by using the sliders, it crashes.

maybe take a look at my latest crash. I only wanted to change the strength. tried it a few times: always program termination. :?
Screenshot

so what is the problem? can anybody give some help, please? :cry:

asomy, it would help if you could give some indication of your PC spec’s. ie., especially Memory and OS and whether you have tried to reinstall WM. :slight_smile:

no, I didn’t try to reinstall. maybe I should. :oops:

the OS is Win2000 on an athlon 1800 with 512 mb.

ok, I deinstalled and then installed completely new.

the same error. what could it be :?
there is no other software running.

it’s no fun when creating complex projects. every time you try changeing something, the program crashes.

so PLEASE, anybody? :frowning:

What kind of combiner device is it?
I’ve tried to rebuild your world. I use a normal combiner and everything is okay.

in this case it’s a combiner, but it also crashes, when using other devices with sliding controls. :?

edit:

in any project !

ie

today it crashes when I try to change sliding controls in the errosion device. :evil:

can anybody give some advice, please? maybe the programmer himself?? I’m realy helpless… :cry:

I’m realy interested in the standard-version. but I won’t buy it, if there’s no solution for this problem. :frowning:

edit:
to explain it more detailed :wink:
it crashes not immediately when using the sliders the first time! sometimes I use the sliders a few seconds and then it happens, and sometimes it doesn’t crash…
there seems to be no “rule”. it always happens unexpectedly. but always when using sliding controls.

Hi,

You said you already re-installed WM, so there shouldn’t be anything wrong with the world.ini file, as it would have been overwritten with a clean copy… In any case, errors coming from there would be more predictable and repeatible.

I have no clue to what it may be… I find it too unexpected to be something explicitly caused by WM. So I would ask other questions:
You already said you have an Athlon 1800, 512MB, running W2000…
What is your graphics card? Would you have the latest drivers installed for it?

I know these questions don’t sound good, but I really don’t know of any other thing that could be causing it. Though, the error message is of some runtime library (possibly the one from the sliding controls) that is crashing for some reason.

first and foremost question is what video card are you running? About 95% of these sorts of crashes are caused by old video card drivers. You’ll want to upgrade your drivers to the latest available ones from the manufacturer as a first step.

If that hasn’t fixed it, then we need more info: If you toggle the mini 3D preview to 2D mode (the 2d/3D button underneath it), and change a slider in 2D mode, does it still crash?

well, thx for that hint :wink:
it was really the videocard driver. i’d never guess that!
thanks very much 8)