WM out of physical memory

Hey all. So I’ve got WM version 2.2 Standard Edition and I’m trying to build a scene at 8192x8192 resolution. Problem is any time I try to build the scene, WM first gives me a warning saying I don’t have enough physical memory and disk swapping may occur and then it simply says it ran out of memory a small % into the build. I have 24 gigs of ram and a custom page file of 24 gigs so I know I’m not running out of physical memory. Is there a setting somewhere so I can adjust WM’s % of memory it can use, or is this a limitation of the Standard Edition?

I even get the warning when trying to build at 4K but at least those builds eventually finish. I always check the conserve memory button in the project settings before building too.

Hi there,

In WM 2.2 the Standard Edition is only a 32bit executable, so at most it can access 4GB of your 24GB of RAM.

The good news for you is that in 2.3 I’ve boosted the abilities of the Standard Edition to include 64bit support as well as 2-way multithreading. This should let you use the full capabilities of your computer!

Go grab it at http://www.world-machine.com/beta/

(The current beta available is RC3 which will be almost completely identical to the final release that will happen shortly)

You’re my hero man! Thank you.

udekev@drfsmail.com

abivnimij@drfsmail.com